Have you ever woken up in the morning with a backache or a stiff neck? According to experts, backache is the ache of the century. Back pain is an epidemic that is present in people of all ages. At the young age of only 20 and 30 years old, compression in between the vertebras is very significant because of the gravity. This compression creates calcification in between the vertebras, which can be very painful, especially at the lumbar spine. In addition to the natural compression, a bad posture can increase the risks of backaches. Do you spend more than 2 or 3 hours a day in front of the computer? That position ensures that your head is always more forward than it should normally be therefore compression your vertebras at the cervical level which can create neck aches.
In order to resolve that phenomenon, in 1977, Guy Voyer, Osteopath, established a method to stretch the ligaments of the spine. This method is called Longitudinal Osteo Articular Decoaption Stretching (LOAD). It consist of placing the body in a specific position in order to target a specific vertebral level, and then place the body under maximal tension at the two extremities. This stretching method can be performed in between each lumbar, thoracic, and cervical vertebra, depending on the location of your pain.
LOAD’s have immediate effects on the body, such as:
– Increasing the rehydration process of the discs
– Increasing muscle tone
– Increasing your potential for muscle awareness and proprioception of the spine
– Helps correct abnormal postural deviations
– Helps slow down the arthritis process (wear and tear of the joints cartilage)
– Helps you to control your stress, your emotions, and it can even improve your immune, digestive, and cardiac system.
– Improving the circulation of the blood and helps to send the nutriments towards the brain.
– Improving the nerve impulses towards the inferior and superior limbs.
In other words, LOADS will increase your overall well-being. It will help eliminate your backaches and neck pains, which can be translated into a pain free day at the office, and even a much more efficient training session. This stretching technique is easy to learn and gives surprising results in a very short period of time. Take an appointment today so that you can benefit from this stretching method.